- Have a picnic or a party with a teddy. Write invitations, make lists of what you need and who is coming. Write a menu and name cards.
- Make outfits and accessories with a paper, scarves and pieces of material.
- Make masks for your teddy and turn them into a super teddy! Give them new Super teddy names
- Make beds/homes/dens for them from boxes and baskets
- Play at “Nurseries” with them-put them on the floor and be the teacher. Sing the Welcome Time song (screen ideas). Make a register (see below). Count how many are here today and write it down. Choose a teddy to be the leader and do the safety check with them (see below)
- Talk about feelings through teddies. How is your teddy feeling? Why? We tend to try to use different words to happy/sad. What about excited? Worried? Angry? This could be a good opening for discussing how you and your child feel.
- Teddies can be used to give instructions! We use toys in Nursery to tell children who are reluctant to follow routines what to do.
- Use teddies to put on a “show”. Make musical instruments with boxes filled with beans/cereal/stones, and sing and dance!
- sing "There Were ten in the Bed with your teddies and toys. How many are left when one falls out?