In class the children have been working on adding the correct punctuation to speech. They have ensured they have followed the five rules of speech.
- Keep your speech marks at the beginning and the end of the words being spoken.
- Begin the direct speech with a capital letter.
- Make sure the speech is correctly punctuated. This includes a piece of punctuation before closing the speech marks.
- Include a reporting clause. This is information about who is speaking and even how they are speaking.
- Start a new line whenever someone new speaks.