- physical features, including beach, cliff, coast, forest, hill, mountain, sea, ocean, river, soil, valley, vegetation
- human features, including: city, town, village, factory, farm, house, office, port, harbour and shop
Remember to use symbols and a key which we learnt about in the last 2 lessons.
- It could be a map of where the Three Billy Goats Gruff go. Don't forget to include the river (physical feature), the bridge (human feature) etc.
- It could be map of somewhere a different fairy tale character lives.
- It could be a map of where you live.
- It could be an imaginary map.
- It could be one you have made with the worksheet template below.
You are welcome to use alternative materials to create your compass. You could use a straw or card strip instead of a pipe cleaner for the pointer. You could draw around a plate and make one from a sheet of paper or card. You could use blue tack and a drawing pin in the middle.