The School Day
- The school day starts at 8.50 and finishes at 3.30. Grown ups will drop off and collect from the field outside the classroom.
- In school, we provide all the equipment needed for learning, and we ask that children do not bring unnecessary items in to school.
Things you need to bring:
- A water bottle
- Lunch box (if having sandwiches)
- Children are welcome to bring two, healthy NUT FREE snacks in to school, if they wish.
Please make sure that these are all named. It is best if all children bring a rucksack that can hang on the back of their chair.
- Our PE day is a Tuesday. On a Tuesday please send your child in to school in their PE kit, you do not need to send their uniform, they will stay in their kit all day.
- It is not known yet when school swimming will begin. I will let you know when I know.
- Communicating via email is the best and safest way at the moment (email@example.com). We aim to reply within 3 days, but this will often be much quicker. Any questions or queries, or if you just want to get in touch, then please feel free.
- We ask that grown ups do not enter the school building at the moment.
- We follow a topic based curriculum – where all of our English, Science, Geography, History, Art and Design and Technology link to one overarching theme.
- Some subjects will be taught discretely, but will be linked to the topic if appropriate.
- We will send home a termly overview of our learning. This will let you know which areas of the curriculum we are learning about, and provide chance for you to talk about them at home.
- Although we cannot plan on taking children on trips this year, we are looking at other creative ways to inspire our children. Dependent upon guidance, we hope to be able to participate in workshops, and engage with online content and experiences.
Supporting at Home
- We have decided that we will not set weekly paper based homework, but ask that you do continue to support your child’s learning at home.
- We ask that you regularly (at least 3 times a week) hear your child read, and write this in their reading record. Reading records are checked in school.
- We ask that children also spend time on TTRockstars every week. You have a log in for NumBots, which is exactly the same as the one for TTRockstars. We will give out usernames and passwords for this anyway. We have a school weekly leader board, and Year 3 always do very well on this!
- Occasionally, additional ideas or projects may be sent home. We ask that you support your child with this.
Year 3 will be moving in to brand new classrooms once they have been built. For now, we are in temporary rooms, in readiness for the move.