9 a.m. - English - this week we are basing our work around the short film 'Caterpillar Shoes'
Caterpillar Shoes - THE LITERACY SHED
- Watch the clip and talk about what happened, your opinions about it, your favourite character and why.
- Use the comic strip sheet (p7) from the activity pack to retell the story using pictures and short sentences. (you will have/need two copies of this - one is for later in the week)
10.30 a.m. - Maths
Like last week, you might find it useful to have your place value charts and objects ready to help you with your calculations.
- Number of the day is 725. Complete the sheet using this number as the starting point each time.
- Watch the video - subtract a 2-digit number from a 3-digit number - crossing 100
- Complete the worksheets that go with this video. Watch it again if you find anything tricky. Do the parts you can first then go back and think about the other parts.
1.00 p.m. -Topic - Thinking about the butterfly in Caterpillar Shoes, we are focusing on reflective symmetry today. This is like looking in a mirror and seeing the image flipped over.
- On p12 of your activity pack is half a butterfly. The thick blue line is the line of symmetry. Can you draw the other half of the butterfly?
- On squared paper (in the pack from school or printed out from the website) draw a line of symmetry and design your own butterfly. Use colours to make it as bright as you can. Remember it must be symmetrical - like looking in the mirror.
- If you would like to practise recognising symmetrical patterns try this activity - find the correct symmetrical pattern, just like looking in a mirror. Symmetry Matching - Reflective symmetry game for 4 to 8 year olds (topmarks.co.uk) - patterns