We follow the White Rose Maths scheme in school. If you follow the link it will take you to their home learning page. Activities will be set every day with answers to tasks - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
Audio books available online
The World of David Williams is releasing an audio story from The World’s Worst Children every day for the next 30 days. Head to the link below each day for the latest story. After you have finished listening, you might like to produce some work about the story.
You can use tools on Purple Mash, work in your exercise books or make some art. If you want to show it us, then you could also photograph it and email it to us.
Audible have also waived their subscription fee for some audio books for children whilst the schools are closed.
Here are some ideas for activities you may like to do to keep busy and to keep those brain muscles working:
- ed shed- (spelling and maths shed)- logins have been sent out with your child.
- TT rockstars: Each child has their login.
- Y5/6 spelling words
- Read stories of your choice- remember to keep finding out the meaning of unfamiliar words. Log them in your exercise book. Your child has bought home additional reading material from school.
- Project- take the time away to complete a project on a subject of your choice. The outcome is up to you. If it is written, please remember the joins, spelling and punctuation. However, it can be creative. Be ready to share, when we return.
- Year 6 children also have Maths and Reading workbooks, which they can work through during this time. All children also have a maths Sats practise booklet.
Additional tasks will also appear on here over the coming weeks.
Gareth Metcalfe will be delivering tutorials every day for different year groups. Follow the link below to see the timetable for the week. There are also other videos from previous tutorials as well.
You can access a huge range of resources on https://www.twinkl.co.uk. The school closure code granting free use for a month for the UK is UKTWINKLHELPS
Newsround is a great resource to help you explain things to your child and keep up to date with other world and local news. https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround