1. Discuss someone or something that is important to you.
2. Talk with your adult about why it is important to you. Adults - try to steer your child away from objects and more towards people who are important to them.
3. Ask: Do people matter more than things?
4. Watch the story ‘Dogger’ by Shirley Hughes. (see the clip below)
5. Task – Draw a large heart on a piece of plain paper. On it , ask them to draw and label which people are the most important to them. Encourage your child to explain part of their drawing to you. e.g. can they tell you about one person they have drawn? What is it they do? What is it you love about them?