At Highfield Hall we participate in a wide range of sporting activities, with the aim that everyone will take part in at least one club, festival or competition outside of school every year. Participating in sport helps us to achieve our core values of being physically healthy, emotionally healthy, resilient and respectful.
Half term sporting round-up
After School Clubs:
- 31 Key Stage 1 children have taken part in dance club, which was run by Thea.
- 15 Key stage 1 and 20 Key stage 2 children have been active with Samba Sports Coaching.
- 30 key Stage 1 children took part in a Multi-skills event held at Hasland Hall Community School
- 14 Y3/ 4/ 5/ 6 girls took part in Soccerfest held at St Mary's High School
- 20 Year 3 and Year 4 children took part in Hockeyfest held at St Mary's High school
- 18 Year 5 and Year children took part in Racketfest held at Outwood Academy Newbold
- The Year 6 football team took part in a number of football matches held at school
- 5 Year 3 children have been attending a care home to deliver physical activities to the elderly - this has been a great success.
- 6 Year 3 children have learned how to ride their bike
- 27 Year 3 children have completed their Bikeability Level 1
What a busy half term of sport we have already had!
After School Clubs:
- 40 Year 1 and 2 children have taken part in dance club, which is run by Thea.
- 20 Key stage 1 and 20 Key stage 2 children have been active with Samba Sports Coaching.
- Mr Martin's Year 5 and 6 football team had amazing success in a local tournament and have made it through to the Chesterfield tournament.
- 20 Year 3 and 4 girls took part in Soccerfest, where they took part in football games and activities.
- Year 2 took an adventure to Whittington Green to take part in a multi-skills event.
- 28 Year 3 children took part in the Level 1 bike training or the learn to ride training.
- 11 Year 5 and 6 children had the opportunity to attend a conference at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield, to learn how to become sports leaders.