English 9:00 am
- Watch the story of the great race again, the Chinese Zodiac story
- What order do things happen in?
- Which animal comes first? Which animal comes last?
- Can you write the order of the animals?
- If you could change the story in any way, what would you change? Use the comic strip to draw your version of the story, what you think or want to happen.
- Number of the day - time yourself again,are you quicker than yesterday? What is your goal time that you want to complete it in?
- Divide by 2
*hint* divide means 'shared by'
- What does Chinese New Year look like?
- Do you think it looks like our New Year? Do they celebrate it in the same way?
- Write 3 'I thinks...' about how Chinese New Year is celebrated.
- Then watch the videos from the link to see if you were right Chinese and Lunar New Year - CBeebies - BBC
- How do they celebrate Chinese New Year? What is the same and what is different to how we celebrate New Year?
- Below are some traditions for you to try
- Have a go at drawing some symbols
- Make an play dominoes
- Have a go at the tangrams. If you don't have a paper copy try this - Tangram Builder – Mathigon