This week we are reading The Gruffalo’s Child by Julia Donaldson.
📖 As you listen to the story can you spot the parts that are the same as ‘The Gruffalo’ story we read last week?
✏️ Can you draw a picture of a fox 🦊, a nut 🌰, a log 🪵 and a twig and write a label for each?
The Gruffalo’s Child found lots of footprints in the snow...
- In your garden or on your daily walk can you find any footprints 👣 🐾? The Nature Detective website has a good guide for prints you may find (click on picture below to take you to the website).
- Put on your wellies and tread in a puddle and make wet footprints on the path.
- Ask an adult to help you with foot painting 👣 🎨
- Look at pictures of animal 🐾 footprints, can you have a go at drawing/painting or making them out of playdough.
Make your own Gruffalo’s Child, click on the photo to take you to the website.
On Purple Mash a 2Do has been set for you to draw your own Gruffalo taking a walk through the deep dark woods. Can you draw a Gruffalo’s child too?
This week we are continuing our train adventure 🚂! We will be practising some special train moves. We will be practising the following movements:
- Stand on the spot and move your arms forwards and backwards keeping your body still and straight.
- March on the spot lifting your knees up high.
- See if you can march on the spot whilst moving your arms forwards and backwards at the same time!
- Try to walk forwards and backwards in a straight line with your eyes open, then try it with your eyes closed!